US President Donald Trump said the conflict with Iran would be brought to a swift end following what he described as positive developments on the issue.
A key meeting on war planning, chaired by President Trump, took place after the postponement of a possible strike on Iran. Various military and diplomatic options came under discussion during the session.
According to US media reports, President Trump held an emergency meeting with the national security team at the White House. The meeting was attended by the US Vice-President, Secretary of State, Defence Secretary and senior military officials. Participants reviewed the situation surrounding the Iran conflict and examined a range of military operations and diplomatic efforts.
Later, while speaking to the media, President Trump said positive progress had been made regarding Iran and added that the war would be concluded swiftly. He said Iran would not be permitted to possess nuclear weapons under any circumstances. President Trump further claimed that Iran’s navy, air force, military structure and leadership had been eliminated.
Earlier, during a visit to the construction site of the White House ballroom, President Trump told reporters that if Iran acquired nuclear weapons, Israel would be its first target. He said Iran would waste no time in attempting to destroy Israel and, for that reason, could not be allowed to obtain nuclear arms. He added that time was limited and Iran would have to face a major blow.
President Trump also said another strike on Iran might become necessary. He stated that action could take place within two to three days, possibly on Friday or Saturday, or at the beginning of next week.


